Each patient at Lindner Center of HOPE begins recovery with an assessment of the addiction and its underlying causes. The multidisciplinary team works collaboratively to design a treatment plan with the right combination of therapies and education to support recovery.
Clinicians at Lindner Center of HOPE are leaders in the use of proven and progressive therapies to counter substance, sex, internet, pornography, gaming, shopping, and gambling addictions as well as co-occurring conditions that commonly accompany addictions. Integrated therapies address both addictions and mental health issues.
Therapies may include:
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) – This progressive therapy helps identify and challenge a patient’s negative thought patterns and encourages behaviors designed to counter-act depressive symptoms.
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT) – This differentiating approach to treatment helps patients develop strategies to manage quick and strong fluctuations in emotions. No other facility in the midwest offers more expertise in DBT than the Lindner Center of HOPE. Clinicians trained to use DBT support the development of skills and mindfulness, interpersonal effectiveness, distress tolerance, and emotion regulation. These skills assist patients in avoiding extreme behaviors that limit the ability to function and encourage change to a more successful and fulfilling life.
- Motivational Enhancement Therapy (MET) – This patient-centered therapy helps individuals increase awareness of potential problems, consequences and risks associated with specific behaviors as well as envision a better future and discover intrinsic motivation to change.
- Community Support Groups
- Additional counseling and support for patients and families to mend relationships as needed
- Vocational services, if needed