Lindner Center of HOPE is committed to providing the full spectrum of care for adults suffering with mental illness. When an adult’s daily functioning is impaired by mental illness, yet criteria is not met for hospitalization, the Adult Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP) provides intensive treatment in a safe and therapeutic environment, without full hospitalization. Partial hospitalization helps patients progress to the point where standard outpatient appointments can be effective. This program is also used as a step-down program from hospitalization, with the intent of gradually easing an adult back into their home environment.
The program operates Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. and enrollees attend 5 days per week for up to 4 weeks. The program offers some flexibility in design, so that the PHP treatment team and the enrollee can work together to create the right treatment plan for each individual.
The Adult Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP) at Lindner Center of HOPE benefits individuals, ages 18 and older, who are experiencing emotional or behavioral issues significant enough to affect daily functioning or quality of life. Patients may be suffering with diagnoses including, but not limited to:
- Mood disorders, such as depression and bipolar disorder
- Anxiety disorders
- Eating disorders
- Adjustment disorders
- Thought disorders not requiring hospitalization, such as paranoia and hallucinations
- Patients who need a more intensive, structured program than traditional outpatient visits can provide
- Patients who may not require hospitalization, but who may benefit from hands-on intensive day-long therapy without requiring an overnight stay
- Patients transitioning from hospitalization who need on-going, intensive care
- Group therapy
- Supportive individual therapy
- Pharmacotherapy and medication management
- A psychiatrist’s evaluation of the individual patient
- Lunch in Lindner Center of HOPE’s dining room
At Lindner Center of HOPE, we understand that dealing with the financial implications of mental illness can be difficult. That is why we are here to help. Together we can work through your financial obligations and insurance questions.
Many insurance plans have specific partial hospital benefits.
Insurance plans with mental health benefits, but without specific partial hospital benefits, are typically willing to provide 2 days of partial hospitalization at the reimbursement rate of 1 day of inpatient hospitalization. Physician fees are billed separately. We will work with patients to understand their financial responsibilities and that which may be covered by insurance.
Patients without insurance coverage can qualify for the self-pay rate: $600/day.