Lindner Center of HOPE gets to the heart of an individual’s challenges with scientifically-based evaluation administered by caring professionals.
A Focus on Early Diagnostics
Research shows that early diagnosis improves a patient’s rate of recovery. In addition, since genetics can play a role in mental illness, early screenings may help patients understand their possible risks. The Center’s experienced staff has the tools and knowledge to identify conditions early, for immediate interventions and lasting solutions.
A Proven Approach to an Accurate Diagnosis
Lindner Center of HOPE takes a proven, thorough approach to assessing an individual’s mental health, beginning with a complete onsite evaluation. Diagnosis of mental illness is as accurate as diagnosing physical illnesses. And an accurate evaluation provides the groundwork for treatment that is specific to each patient’s needs.
A Commitment to a Deep Understanding of Patient Needs
Patients receive a full assessment with the intent of fostering a deep understanding of their disorder. Research shows that nearly half (45 percent) of those with any mental disorder meet criteria for 2 or more disorders, according to the National Institute of Mental Health. Often, patients are aware that they need help for an addiction or mental illness, but do not realize that another mental disorder may be the root cause or may be exacerbating symptoms or behaviors. This is called a co-occurring condition. The clinicians at Lindner Center of HOPE specialize in peeling away the layers of co-occurring conditions. Their expertise in diagnosing co-occurring conditions provides patients with a greater likelihood of long-term success.
All evaluations are available onsite and may include one or more of the following:
- Psychiatric and Psychopharmacological Evaluation – An assessment of the patient’s mental health and use of medications to treat mental illness
- Psychological and Neuropsychological Testing – An evaluation of a person’s mental health as well as cognitive and behavioral function
- Neurological Assessments – Tests used to diagnose conditions of the nervous system
- Neurological evaluation – A clinical assessment to detect any abnormalities or possible diseases of the nervous system
- Sleep study consultation – An exam to uncover possible common causes of sleep disruption
- EEG (electroencephalogram) – A test that measures the electrical activity of the brain
- Substance Use and Addiction Assessment – Screening and assessment for substance and behavioral addictions
- Specialty Consultations
- Nutrition – Assessment of individual nutritional needs and recommendations by registered dietitian
- Medical – Meeting with licensed physician to determine any needed medical actions or procedures
- Evaluation of current therapies – Careful review of existing treatments and therapies by experienced clinician or specialist
- Second Opinions – An additional assessment of a diagnosis or treatment to ensure accuracy, quality and effectiveness of recommended services
- Brain Imaging – Lindner Center of HOPE will perform MRIs when clinically indicated. An MRI can provide a view into the mind and may clarify specific condition
- Genetic Testing – A helpful indicator of the effectiveness of some prescription medications in treating mental illnesses. Read more about Genetic Testing, click here.
Evaluations are followed by a recommendation for treatment. The Center offers a continuum of care to meet every patient need. Inpatient programs can treat the most acute needs, while established outpatient programs and family, group and community therapies provide proven support.