When your adolescent’s daily functioning is impaired by mental illness, and full hospitalization is not appropriate, Cincinnati Children’s at Lindner Center of HOPE’s Adolescent Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP) may be a solution. PHP is a treatment option for adolescents age 12-17
and is beneficial for parents and families seeking a therapeutic environment for their children struggling with mental health problems. The program operates Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. and enrollees attend 5 days per week. The program is customizable – meaning that doctors and therapists will work with families to design the right plan for each individual.
PHP is helpful for many situations. For example; it can help teens who are being discharged from the hospital, providing therapeutic treatment while they transition back into their home and school environment. It is also beneficial for teens that need more intensive care than traditional outpatient visits can provide. The program is designed to help reduce the cost of psychiatric care for adolescents who are struggling by offering an alternative to hospitalization.
To read more about Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center’s mental health programs, click here
The Partial Hospitalization Program includes:
- Group therapy
- Family Treatment Meeting(s)
- Individual therapy (as directed by treatment team)
- Family therapy
- Pharmacotherapy and medication management
- Attention from a multidisciplinary treatment team
- Educational assistance (tutoring and study skills training by a licensed teacher )
When should you consider partial hospitalization for your adolescent?
- If your adolescent is transitioning from an acute inpatient stay.
- If your adolescent’s outpatient appointments are not intensive, in-depth or frequent enough to keep them effectively functioning.
- If your adolescent is not functioning socially, educationally or both.
- If the underlying causes of your adolescent’s illness have not yet been revealed.
- If your adolescent needs more intensive medication management.
For admissions to Adolescent Partial Hospitalization, call 513-636-4124.